Special thanks to our Family Resource Book Sponsor:
Camps and Summer Programs
- Children's Alliance of New Hampshire
- KidsCount data Kids Count is a national and state-by-state effort to track the status of children in the U.S.
- NH PTA As the only statewide parent association, the NH PTA represents nearly 20,000 parents and teachers when advocating on behalf of children and youth.
Child Care & After School Programs
Consumer and Safety Issues
Free games for preschoolers
Government Resources - State & National
Health & Safety
- American Academy of Pediatrics.
- KidsHealth.org Health and development information on a endless variety of subjects. Site includes separate areas for parents, kids and teens.
- New Hampshire Healthy Kids NHHK is a non-profit organization providing access to low-cost and free health coverage options for New Hampshire's uninsured children and teens.
- New Hampshire Pediatric Society Provides information for parents on Child Health Month, dental health and other initiatives supported by the NH Pediatric Society.
Movies and other Media
Parents Education & Information
- Dads and Daughters Site provides information and support for dads wanting to play an active role in the lives of their children.
- Operation Military Kids Details special program designed for kids and families of deployed servicemen and women.
- Family Support NH A statewide coalition of community-based Family Resource Centers and Family Support Programs
- Illinois Early Learning Project Site is a source of evidence-based, reliable information on early care and education for parents, caregivers, and teachers of young children developed by the State of Illinois.
- Kidsgrowth.com Site is an information clearinghouse on health and parenting topics.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children NAEYC is dedicated to improving the well-being of all young children. Site includes tip sheets for parents and early childhood education professionals.
- National Parenting Center Site provides comprehensive parenting advice to parents everywhere. The advice provided is furnished by some of the world's most respected authorities in the field of child rearing and development.
- U.S. Department of Education - Parent Information Information - provided by the US Department of Education - how how to help your child suceed in school
- Zero to Three Zero to Three's mission is to support the healthy development and well-being of infants, toddlers and their families.
Pregnancy and Babies
Social Networking for Parents
- ATECH Services Site provides information on how assistive technology and products can be used to help individuals achieve their life goals.
- Autism Society of NH Provides information and resources for New Hampshire families on autism
- Brain Injury Association of New Hampshire Information and resources for families and individuals affected by brain injury.
- Community Support Network, Inc A not-for-profit organization that provides support to the ten New Hampshire's Area Agencies that offer services and support people with disabilities and their families. The site links visitors to the appropriate Area Agency that provides services in their area of the state.
- Disabilities Resources - New Hampshire Site provides links to a variety of disability-related organizations in New Hampshire.
- Granite State Independent Living GSIL is a statewide non-profit that offers tools and resources so that individuals can participate as fully as they choose in their lives, families, and communities.
- Institute on Disability UCED (IOD) at the University of New Hampshire was established in 1987 to provide a coherent university-based focus for the improvement of knowledge, policies, and practices related to the lives of persons with disabilities and their families.
- Learning Disabilities Online LD OnLine.org is the world's leading web site on learning disabilities and ADHD. The site seeks to help children and adults reach their full potential by providing accurate and up-to-date information and advice about learning disabilities and ADHD.
- NAMI NH (National Alliance on Mental Illness - NH Chapter) NAMI is a statewide education, support and advocacy organization working for a quality, comprehensive mental health service system.
- New Hampshire Council on Developmental Disabilities
- New Hampshire Family Voices Links to resources for families looking for information about their child's special health care needs. The organization is run by parents having children with special health care needs, multiple disabilities and mental health conditions.
- Parent Information Center PIC provides information, support, and educational programs for parents, family members, educators, and the community. PIC is a pioneer in promoting effective parent involvement in the special education process.
- Parent to Parent of NH Offers support and resources for families with children with special needs.
- Stepping Stones NH Magazine Website for specialty magazine published annually by Parenting New Hampshire that offers first-person stories and information for individuals and families with special needs.