Each month Parenting NH gives families great ideas and suggestions on where to go and what to do in New Hampshire. This monthly feature, called "Are We There Yet" highlights great attractions, museums and events happening throughout the year.
- Find some farm-spiration and check out Kingman Farm, the NH Farm Museum and the Remick Country Doctor Museum and Farm
- Visit Rollinsford and let your child's love for nature and art bloom this spring.
- Visit Lancaster and explore NH's North Country while you enjoy outdoor adventures in maple sugaring.
- Visit Bethlehem in early spring (February/March) and check out how to make maple syrup. When you're done, treat yourself to a stack of pancakes by visiting Polly's Pancake Parlor.
- Visit Mason during maple sugar season and learn how to make maple syrup by visiting a maple sugar shack and be sure to indulge at Parker's Maple Barn for breakfast.
- Visit Milton in the late spring or early summer and enjoy the quaint, farming town of Milton.
- Visit Portsmouth and explore the culture and heritage of this old NH port city. Wander the winding roads, take in a show at the Music Hall or take a tugboat ride.
- Two little towns = one big adventure in Lincoln and Woodstock
- Head north (way north) and visit Pittsburg for some outdoor, summer fun.
- Visit Nashua during the spring and summertime and take advantage of the great public parks. Stroll the streets downtown and do some shopping.
- Visit Hampton Beach for a truly fantastic summer day. Check out great food at Brown's Lobster Pound and go fishing with Al Gauron Deep Sea Fishing.
- Visit Meredith for a magical summer day in a town that specializes in old-fashioned fun.
- Visit Franconia and explore what NH's ski mountains have to offer when the snow melts. And just because he isn't there anymore, it shouldn't stop you from learning about the Old Man of the Mountain.
- Visit Milford during fall, especially October, for a great Halloween experience.
- Visit Contoocook in early autumn to enjoy state fairs, apple orchards and a state park.
Winter and indoor fun:
- Visit the White Mountains and check out snowtubing, snowshoeing, skiing, an indoor water park and the children's museum.
- Visit Sunapee and check out Mount Sunapee, marzelli's Sweet Shop and Cafe, The Lemon Twist Shop, Morgan Hill Bookstore and Wild Goose Country Store.
- Visit Manchester and explore the SEE Science Center, Currier Museum of Art, Amoskeag Fishways, Palace Theatre and Manchester Monarchs.
- Visit Bedford and break free of that cabin fever. Check out where you can release all of that energy and where you can get fit.
- Visit Bretton Woods and get a taste of winter outdoor fun at the Mount Washington Resort and then check out the sled dogs at the Muddy Paw Kennel.
- Visit Newport in February and check out their fantastic winter carnival. And if you don't make it in the winter, be sure to check out this Lakes Region town in the summer for some fun on the water.
- Visit Waterville Valley and be sure to take your kids to the Curious George Cottage.
- Visit Walpole anytime of year and enjoy delicious chocolates from L.A. Burdick, ice cream at the Walpole Creamery and cheese at the Boggy Meadow Farm.
- Visit Concord throughout the year and show your kids all that the Capitol City has to offer: museums, great food, the statehouse and the planetarium.